TULSA MIDNIGHT BASKETBALL PRIVACY COLLECTION STATEMENT
Who are we? Tulsa Midnight Basketball is a not-for-profit charitable organization. To learn more about Midnight Basketball, please visit http://amblp.com or contact us by phone (see the Contact Us page on the website for details).
Why do we need to collect personal information and/or health information? We are collecting youth participants’ personal and health information, and volunteers’ personal information because we need that information to:
- help us assess whether it is appropriate for youth participants and volunteers to take part in our basketball competitions and other activities related to our program
- help youth participants and volunteers to participate in our basketball competitions and other activities related to our program
- provide medical assistance to basketball players in case of an accident or emergency.
Midnight Basketball is open to youths aged 12 to 18 years. For legal reasons, we are required as part of the consent process to collect personal information and health information from the parent or guardian of youths aged 12 to 17 years. Providing us with this information is voluntary. Please be aware that if we do not collect all this information, then for legal, health and/or safety reasons, we will not allow you to participate in our programme.
In order for youths to safely play in our basketball competitions, it is very important that we collect accurate details of any health conditions and an emergency contact so that we can ensure that appropriate care is provided, and that we can contact the appropriate person in case of emergency. If any health information about a youth which has been provided to us is false, we may stop further participation until we have received the correct health information.
Who do we disclose personal information and/or health information to? Youth participants’ personal and health information, and volunteers’ personal information will only be used by our staff and approved volunteers in Tulsa and will not be disclosed to any other person except:
- to health care professionals providing medical assistance in case of emergency
- where we are required by law to provide personal and/or health information to a government agency or to a court.
We will not disclose any personal information and/or health information to anyone overseas, unless we are required by law.
What are the kinds of personal information that we collect and hold? We collect and hold the following kinds of personal information about you:
- All individuals:
- Identification details including name and date of birth
- Contact details including address, telephone and email
- Youth participants:
- Health information including gender, height, any allergies, any dietary restrictions and any medical, physical or mental disabilities
- Education information including your school and year
- Country of origin and language information
- Working with Children approval number
- Employment information
- Membership name or number issued by professional or trade associations
In addition to collecting the above personal information about you, we may take photographs of you to promote our activities. Some images may be posted on our website. If you do not wish to have a picture of you posted on our website, you can contact us to request the image to be removed and we will do so as soon as practicable.
How do we collect and hold your personal information? We only collect your personal information lawfully and fairly, and aim to collect personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. For example, if you are under 18 years of age, we may collect your personal information from your parent or guardian.
We collect personal information from you when you submit a registration form either through our website or in hard copy. If you are under 18 years of age, we require your parent or guardian to consent and sign the registration form on your behalf.
We hold your personal information in both electronic and paper forms. Personal information held in electronic form is secured and encrypted. All other paper-based personal information is stored in locked filing cabinets held in our secure office premises. We restrict access to your personal information and only grant access to certain staff or volunteers who require access to perform their duties. All of our office staff and volunteers are appropriately trained and/or provided with guidelines on how to handle your personal information.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information? We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to:
- help us assess whether it is appropriate for you to take part in our tournaments and other activities related to our program
- help you take part in our basketball competitions and other activities
- provide medical assistance to you in case of emergency.
Will we disclose your personal information overseas? We will not disclose your personal information to anyone overseas, unless we are required by law.
How to contact us. If you would like to contact us about accessing and/or correcting your personal information, or to make a complaint about a privacy breach by us, please contact us by phone, email or post. Refer to the website for contact.
All players, parents, guardians and spectators are required to follow our policy on photography within a basketball venue. Without limiting our Photography Policy, we may, with your approval, take photographs of you to promote our activities including posting images of you on our website. If you do not wish to have a picture of you posted on our website, you can contact us to request the image to be removed.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: I acknowledge and understand:
- Basketball is a physical activity, and accidents can happen whilst playing basketball which may result in injury or death.
- My participation in Tulsa Midnight Basketball basketball competition (the Competition) is voluntary, and undertaken with the knowledge that injury or death might result from my participation in the Competition.
- Tulsa Midnight Basketball may refuse, at its absolute discretion and at any time, to allow me to participate in the Competition.
- Tulsa Midnight Basketball may amend, alter or change, at its absolute discretion, any of the rules of the Competition with or without notice.
- Tulsa Midnight Basketball can, at its absolute discretion, cease the Competition at any time, with or without notice to participants in the Competition.
RELEASE: To the extent permitted by law, I agree to discharge and release Tulsa Midnight Basketball, its directors, employees, agents or contractors in respect of all liability for my death or bodily injury, or any loss or damage that may be sustained or incurred by me as a result of my participation in the Competition.
This release covers all liability for my death or bodily injury, or any loss or damage, whether sustained or incurred as a result of negligent acts or omissions (including gross negligence), breach of contract (including fundamental breach) or of any other breach at law or statute by Tulsa Midnight Basketball, to the extent the law permits.
INDEMNITY: I indemnify Tulsa Midnight Basketball from all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses, damages, penalties, fines, costs and expenses however arising that I may have or may have had but for the foregoing release arising from or in connection with my participation in the Competition. This indemnity is in respect of all liability for my death or bodily injury, or any loss or damage, whether sustained or incurred as a result of negligent acts or omissions (including gross negligence), breach of contract (including fundamental breach) or of any other breach at law or statute by Tulsa Midnight Basketball.
FITNESS TO PARTICIPATE: I declare that I am medically and physically fit and free from impairment and able to participate in the Competition.